We’re delighted to have been able to support Haughton Village with replacement batteries for their 3 community public access defibrillators sites. The sites are now ready to respond in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest in the nearby vicinity. Funding from Tesco Bags of Help scheme helped to make this possible.
All sites need to be checked on a regular basis to ensure the machine is ready when needed. A site audit should consist of the following,
1. Check the cabinet is free from obstruction
2. Check the cabinet is clean and free from debris
3. Check the lock is in good working order
4. Visual check of power supply to the cabinet
5. Check Battery light/indicator on defib
6. Check Pad expiry date
7. Ensure a rescue kit is available
The above checks take about a minute to complete, but minutes really do save lives.